Skip to main content

Snapshots from the Launch of the Prithvi Missile

Today, I’d like to share with all of you, some memorable images at the launch of the short-range surface-to-surface missile code-named Prithvi.

The Government of India launched the Integrated Guided Missile Development Program in 1983 to achieve self-sufficiency in the development and production of wide range of Ballistic Missiles, Surface to Air Missiles etc.

Prithvi was the first missile to be developed under the Program. DRDO attempted to build Surface-to-air Missile under Project Devil.

I was blessed to be a part of this specially chosen team as Part of India’s Integrated Guided Missile Development Program. This mission was spearheaded by our ex- President, Mr. APJ Abdul Kalam. It’s been a pleasure working in his team. Definitely an experience to be savoured!













I hope you all liked this post. Do comment and let me know if you would like to see more such pictures and memories of important events that I’ve been a part of.

Comments

  1. Thank u very much sir for sharing these pics. I am proud member of present Prithvi Team
    and have been lucky to listen stories related to its development program from my seniors.
    But now it is really great for all of us as we will get a chance to listen those stories from someone who is the real architect of Prithvi. This is my humble request to you sir, pls share more pics and related stories also.

    Saurabh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sir thank you for sharing these pictures which are reviving old memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is great seeing you sir. In missile complex most of us have nostalgic memory of wheeler's island. Looking forward to many more snaps from you sir.
    Bidisha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Early life of Dr. V. K .Saraswat - Fighting stage fear

My position demands quite a lot of public speaking and addressing events and conventions, and other such public events. Almost often, I get invited to speak at the dais, facing the audience and the cameras to give my opinion or something, to speak of a decision made or to announce plans made by the body I’m currently associated with. I must say, that I’ve come to see it as a privilege today more than I did years ago, where I would tremble at the very thought of having to speak in front of an audience. It’s but natural, I think, for when we’re children to be afraid of public speaking. Some call it stage fear, some say “you’re a shy child” when we refuse to perform in front of relatives who come home while sometimes, you’re just a taciturn of sorts. Stage fright may be a small issue while growing up, but later often manifests itself in many ways - you may not be an active participant in college activities, you may not be very confident in job interviews and you may not be ...

Ideas beyond the horizon

“Daring ideas are like chessmen, they may be beaten, but they may start a winning game” Have you ever thought of trying something new, something different? Did you ever watch something happen and think you could make it happen better? Has your mind stumbled upon something that was too good to let pass, without a second thought? Ideas happen; they happen to all of us. Some of us choose to act upon those ideas, some of us ponder, some of us let them go. In this interwoven chain, there’s reason enough for us to believe that ideas are the first step of enterprises. The largest, most successful enterprises in the world are all built up on one premise - the effective incorporation of an idea. I decided to write this post for all the budding entrepreneurs of our country. We as a nation are filled with hope, growth potential and an unwavering belief in our abilities. What makes a man successful? We’re not going to count sheer luck as one of the factors here. M...

Fighting stage fear - Practice and preparation are the Key

In the first part of this series I spoke about the importance of tackling stage fear. As children, some amount of anxiety to perform in front of an audience (even as an adult ) is absolutely normal. Everyone gets a little nervous when you’re up to face a group of ideas in front of a group of people, there are a whole lot of fears that include presenting your ideas and opinion in a concise way, putting yourself out there to be criticized and trying to sell your opinion to people. While some amount of stage fear is natural, people showing excessive taciturn behaviour may develop other drawbacks and handicaps later in life. I had mentioned a little incident from my childhood in the previous post on stage fear. It was my first ever participation in a debate. It was a competition hosted by my school in Gwalior and I was to speak on Science and Religion. I was this shy kid, who had been home-schooled for the most part and here I was in front of an audience, waiting for my t...